"Give shade to others, so Allah will give shade to you."
ICNA Relief offers an alternative for homeless women in need of temporary sleeping accommodations. ICNA Relief maintains the dignity of their clients while affording them the opportunity to heal and develop themselves within a nurturing environment. Women are provided with one-on-one support while they transition to permanent stable housing.
Many of the women who come to ICNA Relief have experienced either emotional or physical abuse as well as neglect. Many are underemployed or unable to obtain affordable housing. ICNA Relief offers them the opportunity to heal while they work towards obtaining the ultimate goal of self-sufficiency.
Trained case managers work with clients in identifying areas of growth and link them to appropriate community resources such as public benefits, legal and immigration support, mental health services and healthcare. While participating in the ICNA Relief Transitional Housing Program, women are encouraged to take part in educational classes including; English language skills, job training and/or higher education.
- Age 18 to 68 (no male children over 10 years old allowed at our family facilities).
- Little to no income
- Presently homeless
- Must have legal valid immigration status and/or U.S. citizenship
- Must have valid work authorization
- Must be willing and able to gain self-sufficiency within a 6 month time period.
- Must be able to meet or exceed program requirements including; vacating facility during the day, household chores, seek employment and adhere to case management recommendations.
Must be residing in the United States a minimum of 3 months before applying.
Must not have received Transitional Housing from ICNA Relief in the past year.
- Individuals with severe mental health concerns
- Individuals requiring convalescent / nursing care
- Actively abusing drugs or alcohol
- Victims fleeing violent relationships with the exception of our DV Shelters (locations are private for security purposes).
- A psychological evaluation may be required to determine eligibility and rule out behavioral and/or emotional concerns.
Transitional Housing Locations
Jamaica, NY (2)
Detroit, MI (2)
Baton Rouge, LA
San Diego, CA
West Palm Beach, FL