|Job Title:||Nurse Practitioner PA|
|Reports to:||Area Manager|
Direct Patient Care
- Provide direct care to patients, focusing on health promotion and treatment of acute and chronic illness needs. Consult with supervising physician as needed.
- Identify, develop and implement patient education programs.
- Orient the patients to the Clinic system and available services.
- Negotiate appropriate treatment plans with patients.
- Prescribe medications as allowed by practice agreement with supervising physician.
- Order appropriate cost-effective diagnostic tests.
- Educate patients regarding condition, treatment, and possible outcomes.
- Perform complete and focused physical exams as indicated.
- Provide health care services for identified prevention and health promotion needs.
- Coordinate clinical activity with other members of the staff, and volunteers.
- Evaluate and modify treatment as indicated by patient outcomes.
- Maintain accurate medical records using Free Clinic EMR and proper forms in a timely manner. Supervise and train clinical staff and volunteers on data entry into the electronic health records system and provide oversight that original data is entered correctly.
- Track patient data that will demonstrate measurable success of Clinic services. Generate and analyze reports to document outcome measures from the electronic records. Must be proficient in developing & analyzing outcome measures.
- Assist admin staff in supervising clinical student volunteers.
- Recommend needed supplies and equipment for delivery of care.
- Work with supporting staff to ensure all clinical activity of the clinic runs smoothly and efficiently
- Participate in quality improvement activities as directed by Medical Director.
- Provide education to clinical staff as needed.
- Communicate effectively with patients and their families in a respectful manner.
- Maintain an acceptable caseload to meet productivity needs.
- Ensure that care provided is consistent with standard of care within the limitations of the program.
- Follow established safety precautions in performance of duties to ensure a safe environment.
- Support policies and philosophy in delivering health care as set forth by the Clinic Board of Directors.
- Master/Doctorate in Nursing required
- Registered nursing license in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania required
- Licensure for advanced practice role in Pennsylvania required
- Certificate of Prescriptive authority required
- National certification as a Nurse Practitioner required
- Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and be proficient with EMR software.
- Minimum of one year experience in primary care setting preferred
- Public health experience or experience working with underserved and/or uninsured population preferred. Spanish proficiency is desirable.
COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Ability to work well in high pressure environment
- Identify knowledge and skill needs through self-assessment, peer, and supervisor review.
- Participate in continuing educational activities to maintain certification requirements.
- Review and discuss selected charts quarterly, with supervising physician.
- Work in a productive and positive manner with staff and volunteers.
- 30 day notice of resignation is required.
OTHER DUTIES: Other duties as assigned. Performs other duties as identified by the Clinic Board or Health Services Director, which may be in the best interest of the organization.