|Job Title:||Human Resources Director|
● oversees employee relations; supports our leadership team and employees by answering questions relating to leaves of absence, benefits issues, and related matters; conducts exit interviews.
● Oversees benefits administration by working with our insurance benefits broker
● Manages and tracks all relevant and required documentation for certifying or denying any leaves of absence in accordance with policies.
● Conducts recruitment effort for all open positions; writes and places advertisements; coordinates with leadership to schedule candidate screens and interviews; conducts reference checks and background checks; extends job offers.
● Manages new employee activities; collaborates with hiring managers for onboarding plans for new hires; acts as the point of contact and resource for new hires during the onboarding period.
● Recommends policies and procedures; works counsel to update the employee handbook annually.
● Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in leadership team meetings.
● Updates job descriptions as needed and monitor the performance evaluation program.
● Handles employee relations counseling and guides all management teams in handling employee relations issues.
● Administers various human resource plans and procedures for employees; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains policies and procedures manual.
● Maintains company organization chart.
● Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
● Acts as liaison between employee and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices, and regulations.
● Work in partnership with leadership to communicate and implement HR programs that support business goals and drive results.
● Oversee the New Hire Orientation and Onboarding program.
● Manage the exit interview and stay interview process.
● All other duties as assigned by management.
Job Requirements – Minimum
● Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred, in a related field such as Human Resources or Organizational Psychology.
● 7-10 years’ experience as HR manager with mid-size organization (at least 100 staff)
● Solid working knowledge of employment laws (federal and state).
● HR (SHRM, SPHR, PHR) certification, or HR certification from an accredited educational institution is required.
Job Requirements – Preferred
● Non-profit experience and Multi-state HR experience
● Superior written and verbal communication skills
● Able to handle sensitive information in a highly confidential manner
● Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills
● Able to take initiative and execute assigned tasks in a timely and flawless manner
● Strong teamwork acumen with a profound ability to work under extreme pressure
● Exceptional interpersonal skills
Legal Status & Work Authorization:
The candidate applying to join ICNA Relief must have a legal status, social security number and work authorization by the relevant US authorities. The candidate by virtue of applying for this position authorizes ICNA Relief for his/her Background Check, reference check and a Medical/Drug Exam on need basis.
Please note this job description is not all encompassing in terms of duties or responsibilities that are expected of this position. ICNA Relief reserves the right to add, omit or modify duties, essential responsibilities and activities at any time with or without advance notice.