|Job Title:||Food Pantry Assistant|
|Reports to:||Pantry Manager/Area Manager|
|Location:||On Site – Food Pantry|
This position will focus on the day to day operation of the specific ICNA Relief food pantry he/she is employed for.
● Oversee the proper implementation and improvement of the ICNA Relief’ food pantry program
● Maintain tidiness & cleanliness of the food pantry.
● Based on the guidelines provided, place food items in their respective racks.
● Keep a strong vigil for the presence of pests (rats, roaches & other bugs) inside the food pantry, and immediately take corrective actions to rectify it.
● Assist in maintaining the temperature logs based on the specifications provided by the local food bank from whom food is ordered and procured.
● During operating hours, participate in the distribution of food while maintaining good service
● Communicate the client’s problems to the Pantry Manager and help provide a solution within the framework of ICNA Relief’s policies and procedures.
● Assist in maintaining a strict vigil on the reordering of every item in the food pantry.
● Remain well versed with the food pickup schedule.
● Must be in appropriate attire at all times, especially during food pickup (Back support, gloves, shoes etc)
● Conduct an orientation for new volunteers and convey the good work to donors
● Understand and implement the instructions sent by higher authorities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
The employee must be available during the “core” work hours starting from 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required).
Required Education and Experience:
● Relevant certifications and diverse experience will be given preference
● Must have a high school diploma or something equivalent. Associates or Bachelor degree is preferred.
● Experience with Microsoft Office products such as MS Excel, Word, Power point etc.
● Fluency in the English language is compulsory.
● Must be Willing to learn and use Spanish if needed
● Lift a maximum of 50 Lbs. and climb ladders.
● Comprehend and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions from policy and procedure manuals
● Entering Data and providing data to prepare regular reports
● Communicating effectively with other employees and clients.
● Ability to drive a truck or a van.
The candidate desiring to be hired by ICNA Relief must have a legal status, social security number and work authorization by the relevant US authorities. The candidate by virtue of applying for this position authorizes ICNA Relief for his/her Background Check, reference check and a Medical Exam on need basis.
Please note this job description is not all encompassing in terms of duties or responsibilities that are expected of this position. ICNA Relief reserves the right to add, omit or modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without advance notice.