The Accountant will perform day to day accounting related activities. This role will coordinate with the field offices and head office team. Accountant will be responsible for managing bookkeeping, reporting, audit, tax filings, financial reporting, financial analysis and budget administration in a timely manner.
• Reconciling the company’s bank statements and bookkeeping ledgers
• Completing analysis of the employee expenditures
• Managing income and expenditure accounts and generating the company’s financial reports using income and expenditure data
• Keeping a check on the company’s finances based on financial status
• Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements and budget performance
• Assisting management in the decision-making process by preparing budgets and financial forecasts.
• Provide accurate, timely, and relevant recording, reporting, and analysis of financial information
• Responsible for financial planning, projections and analysis
• Prepare and administer the budget and financial forecast
• Initiating and managing financial and accounting software used by the company
• Identify areas for improvement, implement improvements to processes and develop SOP and internal controls.
• Aid in the implementation of new accounting policies, standards, and guidelines
• Assist with and act as the primary point-of-contact for auditor requests, federal, state and local agencies.
• Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
• Responsible for computing, filing, and remitting of property, payroll, sales, and other taxes and manage tax accounts with federal, state and local agencies.
• Keeping informed about current legislation relating to finance and accounting.
• Any other task assigned by supervisor
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- The employee must be physically available during the “core” work hours of 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
● Interpersonal Skills
● Communication Skills
● Detail Oriented – Able to focus on details of work rather than the bigger picture
● Advanced knowledge of MS-Excel
● Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
● Excellent problem-solving
● Able to maintain confidentiality
● Team Player
• The employee is required to sit for longer periods of time.
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move 35 pounds. This position requires at least 6 to 8 hours of work while sitting.
Required Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited educational institute of USA. CPA qualified and or candidate will be preferred.
● 4-5 years of accounting experience.
● Training or experience in QuickBooks and/or other Accounting MIS.
Legal Status & Work Authorization
The candidate desiring to be hired by ICNA Relief must have a legal status, social security number and work authorization by the relevant US authorities. The candidate by virtue of applying for this position authorizes ICNA Relief for his/her Background Check, reference check and a Medical Exam on need basis.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.