|Job Title:||Food Pantry Coordinator|
|Reports to:||Arshad Mehmood|
|Location:||Onsite and Remote|
This position will focus on the day to day operation of the specific ICNA Relief food pantry he/she is employed for.
The Coordinator will perform in total compliance with the policies and procedures introduced and adhered to by ICNA Relief.
The Coordinator Hunger Prevention Program is one of the key representative positions of ICNA Relief. The Coordinator hunger prevention program is expected to set personal examples and demonstrate high standards of service delivery and customer care to all stakeholders of ICNA Relief.
● Oversee the proper implementation and improvement of the ICNA Relief’ food pantry program
● Maintain tidiness & cleanliness of the food pantry.
● Based on the guidelines provided, place food items in their respective racks.
● Keep a strong vigil for the presence of pests (rats, roaches & other bugs) inside the food pantry, and immediately take corrective actions to rectify it.
● Assist in maintaining the temperature logs based on the specifications provided by the local food bank from whom food is ordered and procured.
● During operating hours, participate in the distribution of food while maintaining good service
● Communicate the client’s problems to the Pantry Manager and help provide a solution within the framework of ICNA Relief’s policies and procedures.
● Assist in maintaining a strict vigil on the reordering of every item in the food pantry.
● Remain well versed with the food pickup schedule.
● Must be in appropriate attire at all times, especially during food pickup (Back support, gloves, shoes etc)
● Conduct an orientation for new volunteers and convey the good work to donors
● Understand and implement the instructions sent by higher authorities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
(Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours starting from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain a full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required).
Required Education and Experience:
● Experience in management of a food pantry.
● Relevant certifications and diverse experience will be given preference
● Must have a high school diploma or something equivalent. Associates or Bachelor degree is preferred.
● Experience with Microsoft Office products such as MS Excel, Word, Power point etc.
● Excellent communication skills are mandatory.
● Language/Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability
● Fluency in the English language is compulsory.
● Must be Willing to learn and use Spanish if needed
● Perform data entry.
● Lift a maximum of 50 Lbs. and climb ladders.
● Comprehend and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions from policy and procedure manuals
● Providing data to prepare regular reports
● Communicating effectively with other employees and clients.
● Applying common sense to carry out multiple tasks and following instructions
● Following the dress code.
● Multitasking on need basis.
● Prioritize and complete work on time
● Resolving problems and temporary issues related to the Food Pantry operation
● Appreciate diverse team and work as a team player.
● Demonstrating compassion, empathy, and good communication skills.
● Maintaining confidentiality at all times
● Be organized and flexible under pressure.
● Partake in problem solving situations.
● Ability to drive a truck or a van.
The candidate desiring to be hired by ICNA Relief must have a legal status, social security number and work authorization by the relevant US authorities. The candidate by virtue of applying for this position authorizes ICNA Relief for his/her Background Check, reference check and a Medical Exam on need basis.
Please note this job description is not all encompassing in terms of duties or responsibilities that are expected of this position. ICNA Relief reserves the right to add, omit or modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without advance notice.